Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Espirituales – The Music Masters, Nueva York (Orlador-Universal, 1970, USA)

Let’s celebrate Easter days with a gorgeous dose of devoted negro-spirituals.

Little information could be found about the group or people under this project; the only credit is for A. Hobbs for being the composer of three originals and the arranger of two tracks; other two songs arrangements are co-credited by Hobbs (the aforementioned?) and Dorsey. Even the band name is not clear. So, more information will be merrily grateful!

The seven tracks of this ten-inch vinyl have soulful vibes (e.g. “I'll wait till my change come” or “I'm working on the building”), dope accelerated gospel (“You've been good to me”) or bluesy rhythms (“Wonderful!”, “Been dipped in the water”) heavenly driven by the keyboards, where the Hammond organ is clearly the protagonist. Black voices are in great shape too, both in choirs (males-females) and in soloists (mainly males), creating addictive passages of question-response. 

So, hope you enjoy this outstanding vitalizing record, just perfect for these dates!

Tracks
A1. Wonderful! (Arr.: A. Hobbs)
A2. You've been good to me (Arr.: Hobbs-Dorsey)
A3. Show me how you want to live (A. Hobbs)
A4. Praise God (Arr.: A. Hobbs)
B1. I'll wait till my change comes (A. Hobbs)
B2. I'm working on the building (Arr.: Hobbs-Dorsey)
B3. Been dipped in the water (A. Hobbs)


Personnel
Arrangements: A. Hobbs; Hobbs and Dorsey

No more personnel is credited 


No comments:

Post a Comment